Sunday, December 10, 2006

Filling in the biographies - Priess vs. Price, etc.

Most of the ongoing work is filling in the individual biographies; mostly now for "non-Beard" descedents; such as Price, etc. This is time consuming as I do a web search on each new individual. This generally turns up some Census record (the most common type of online record), although sometimes I hit on some online tree posted by another family.

One interesting tree is the Price's, who are related to the Beard's through John Beard's daughter, Margaret Beard Price. The Price family line actually goes back to Germany, where they were known as "Priess".

Obviously the web search sometimes turns up further information about the individuals, their descendents, etc. So adding this to the tree.

When I started this effort, my family tree maker file was about 2 MB complete. It is now 68 mb and growing quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home