Saturday, November 25, 2006

Heath - Edwin J family Bible + Marian's Memories

Over Thanksgiving, was visited by Heath and Shep, and she forwarded an e-mail from Aunt Marian that had a lot of memories of the Heath/Smith/Reinke side of the family (from the Jamaica's, Antigua, etc.). Also, I didn't realize that Patti actually had Edwin J. Heath's (her grandfather's) family Bible.

These two sources of information proved invaluable for decoding the Heath side of the family tree. There is very little published information which has been done on the Heath family that I can find, so a lot of this information is new to the genealogy world...

The Edwin Heath Bible was handed down from Edwin J Heath's father, George Octavia Heath, so hence it has a lot of information. According to Mabel Graham Heath "Edwin used the Bible every day and treasured it so, as it was a keepsake from his father, who was also a minister".

So given this vast amount of information, I updated the Heath web pages with all that I have found and enhanced with Internet Web information. If you want to explore this, a good place to start is with the Edwin J. Heath bio page:

http://www.wvbeard.com/heath/EdwinJosephHeath.htm

Be sure to click on all the "BLUE" hyperlinks to see the related information up and down the family tree...

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home