Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pictures + Linking to Pocahontas County

I have pretty much worked through the information which was passed on by Paul Franklin Beard. Am adding some photographs and information passed along in a "memories" book given to me by my mother, Shirley Elaine Place Beard Fairchild; including some more photos of Julian Lynn Beard, Beaulah Jean Weiford Beard, and others.

I rec'd a call today from Mike Hill in Scott Depot, WV (the town of Hillsboro, WV was named for his family and appears so prominently in the Beard history). We also have common ancestors with the McNeels. He is placing me in touch with the genealogy society and the historical societies in Marlinton, WV and this should yield some useful information. Also his cousins have been working on this for over 30 years, and have a database with over 30,000 names. Thanks, Mike.

Of all the individuals I have found so far, the most interesting by far is Josiah Jonas Beard (1792-1878), 3rd generation and the first clerk of Pocahontas County. Be sure to read his information on the Beard Family History page, the information there was taken from about four different sources. The sources I have been using include the McNeel history, the Price History, and excerpts from the Pocahontas County Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home