More treasures - Thank yous.. etc...
Following my trip to West Virginia (and after I had updated a lot of my web pages with the information I found there), I sent some information (printouts) of my web pages to Sherman + Mary Beard regarding their family line, and also to the Burfords to better explain the Bible that they have and where it came from.
Surprise - Sherman called me last Friday night and thanked me for the information, he felt it was very useful to his family; as it detailed the dates and people in his family. Also received a thank you note from the Burfords in the Hillsboro Bed & Breakfast - Ok I threatened to have a family reunion at her B&B with 50 people; but Leah Burford found the information useful and said the Beard's had an interesting history - she understood how someone could get caught up in it.
Good to make some friends there -- feels like "going home...".
Norman Alderman continues to publish pictures, scans of obituraries / marriages, etc notices on his web site http://www.etater.com. He also had posted pictures of every headstone in Pocahontas County -- I have spent a lot of time going through these, and finding a match to one of the people there is like uncovering some treasures -- Check the following pages:
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/WallaceWarwickBeard.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/NormanRandolphPrice.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/WilliamThomasPrice.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/JosiahWoodsPrice.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/JohnCalvinPrice.htm
The photograph of William Thomas Price holding his book which eventually became the Historical Sketches of Pocahontas County, is especially priceless because that book (which i have a reprinting of) documents all of the early families and settlements in Pocahontas County, including the Beards (Josiah Beard and descendents).
Another great source is recent postings on the West Virginia culture site, where they have posted original scans of the births, deaths, and mariages in Greenbrier County (where John Beard was from). This information has been very useful as the Greenbrier County genealogy is not as well known or documented as Pocohontas County. Specially when I visited West Virginia I did not spend much time in Greenbrier County as there was little information that I had about the John Beard families and descendents there.
I continue to get more hits on my DNA markers; but very little of it makes sense. I think to make sense of it all there needs to be some clearer lineage back to Ireland/Scotland, and better documentation of when people came over and where they settled. Eventually this research will lead to that I know... back to the old country and try to figure out where everyone came from...
Surprise - Sherman called me last Friday night and thanked me for the information, he felt it was very useful to his family; as it detailed the dates and people in his family. Also received a thank you note from the Burfords in the Hillsboro Bed & Breakfast - Ok I threatened to have a family reunion at her B&B with 50 people; but Leah Burford found the information useful and said the Beard's had an interesting history - she understood how someone could get caught up in it.
Good to make some friends there -- feels like "going home...".
Norman Alderman continues to publish pictures, scans of obituraries / marriages, etc notices on his web site http://www.etater.com. He also had posted pictures of every headstone in Pocahontas County -- I have spent a lot of time going through these, and finding a match to one of the people there is like uncovering some treasures -- Check the following pages:
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/WallaceWarwickBeard.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/NormanRandolphPrice.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/WilliamThomasPrice.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/JosiahWoodsPrice.htm
http://www.wvbeard.com/bios/JohnCalvinPrice.htm
The photograph of William Thomas Price holding his book which eventually became the Historical Sketches of Pocahontas County, is especially priceless because that book (which i have a reprinting of) documents all of the early families and settlements in Pocahontas County, including the Beards (Josiah Beard and descendents).
Another great source is recent postings on the West Virginia culture site, where they have posted original scans of the births, deaths, and mariages in Greenbrier County (where John Beard was from). This information has been very useful as the Greenbrier County genealogy is not as well known or documented as Pocohontas County. Specially when I visited West Virginia I did not spend much time in Greenbrier County as there was little information that I had about the John Beard families and descendents there.
I continue to get more hits on my DNA markers; but very little of it makes sense. I think to make sense of it all there needs to be some clearer lineage back to Ireland/Scotland, and better documentation of when people came over and where they settled. Eventually this research will lead to that I know... back to the old country and try to figure out where everyone came from...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home